Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's just lovely weather outside!

Ugh. It's only 5pm and it's super dark and gloomy. That is the down side to sitting so close to windows and the door. I think if it wasn't for my heater I'd freeze to death from the draft that comes in every time someone opens the door facing my cube.

Recruiting is slowly picking back up. My brain has somewhat defrosted and I'm filling my pipeline.

So onto more interesting stuff. I'm actually looking for a room right now. Last night I drove to this place in San Jose. I was so convinced that it was the same distance as going to Milpitas, since Google maps told me so, but in the end the drive was almost an hour long through some pretty horrendous traffic. The place itself was decent, in the nice neighborhood off of Capitol Expressway. $700 for the entire first floor of the house with private entrance and patio, plus utilities and internet included. The catch being the washer and dryer would be right outside my door, shared with 2 other house mates. That and the thought of keeping house when both my other house mates will be guys was pretty much the deal breaker. At least the drive back home to Milpitas was short and painless.

I also just got my tattoo redone. Finally! I spent like half an hour yelping about the place I went to so I'm not going to go through that here again, but feel free to look up Da Wei Tattoo if you go on Yelp! and you'll see what I mean.

Another funny thing, well curious thing I guess. My good friend whom I met while studying abroad in Singapore, he's from LA but feels that Singapore is home, so he spends alot of time out there, just messaged me today and told me that he broke up with his gf out there. Now I wonder if this is every guy, but when I asked how he felt he actually said he felt relieved, because he's been wanting to break it off but just wasn't sure how she'd handle it emotionally. I just always thought guys don't really care about stuff like that but my friend maybe a particularly sensitive soul.

I just also told another friend to get mojitos at XYZ bar inside the W in SF when he meets with his ex gf whom he broke up with back in 1996, lol. Hope that was a good idea...

No comments: