Friday, June 27, 2008

Long overdue update

Woohoo, I've worked from 17 reqs down to 6, finally got some room to breathe :)

First let's go over my latest requirements in case you happen to be my potential next hire. There are 2 main categories: 1) you create your own Silktest or Python scripts, or 2) you're a software design engineer well-versed in C or C++, and work with Win32 API. If you fit either of these descriptions and you'd like to work at VMware, remember to contact me!

It's been 3 insane months that flew by at the speed of light. I'm glad to be able to sit down and blog again. Even Facebook has been put on the backburner, and those of you who know me know I <3 my Facebook!

Now onto something totally NOT recruiting related, but has done its fair share of taking up my time: weddings. 1 down, and 3 more to go. Not really my friends, but the bf's friends, maybe because he's a couple years older, but everyone is settling down!

For me, personally, the idea of marriage is terrifying, I'm still trying to talk my bf into letting me get a puppy. So why everyone's in a total hurry to get hitched is a mystery to me. Whatever floats their boat I guess. I just really want a Goldendoodle.

Last weekend I was at Point Reyes at a couples' picnic. Fresh oysters! Everything was great, except that we dressed for the summer and by Sunday it was Winter again. Good thing my taste buds still worked! The low point occurred when I managed to bruise and cut my back when I got home. One of those freak accidents where I'm kneeling and intently inspecting my cooler and cleaning it and bf pulling out the cutting board from the drawers to cut up oranges, then BAM! My back hits the corner of the wood block. I was going to go play paintball tomorrow but I think I'm hurt enough...

Today I have to go to a rehearsal for a fashion show event. It's a new venture that my bf and some of his friends are doing, a makeup service called Pureblendz (www.pureblendz.com). They've got some crazy good makeup artists, and the girls are gorgeous, but I'd prefer to be watching Angelina Jolie in Wanted. Hopefully I can still make it after rehearsals. *fingers crossed* Then tomorrow, Brazilian BBQ in the city at Espetus Churrascaria!!

The next big thing: I'm turning the big 2-5 and going to NYC in July! I'll definitely make an effort to update about that when I return! ;)

No comments: